The Harley® Owners Group (H.O.G.®) is a sponsored community club, operated by Harley-Davidson®, for enthusiasts of Harley-Davidson® motorcycles. The H.O.G.® is "the granddaddy of all community-building efforts," serving to promote not just a consumer product, but a lifestyle. There are more than 1,400 official H.O.G.® chapters around the world.
TEXTThe Harley® Owners Group was created in 1983 as a way to build longer-lasting and stronger relationships with Harley-Davidson® customers, by making ties between the company, its employees, and consumers.
TEXTEach Harley-Davidson® dealership has the opportunity to sponsor a local H.O.G.® Chapter. No chapters exist without a link to a sponsoring dealership. Chapters are supported by the national H.O.G.® group, a subsidiary of Harley-Davidson®, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Chapters produce a newsletter and organize events throughout the year. Most events are ride-related. H.O.G.® Chapters are volunteer organizations.
Members must own a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle and must be a member of the national H.O.G.® group to join a local chapter. There are three levels of national H.O.G.® membership: Full, Associate and Lifetime.
- Full membership (must provide a Harley-Davidson® VIN number) is $45 for 1 year; $85 for 2 years; $120 for 3 years. Full benefits include: the H.O.G.® membership card, a pin and patch for each year membership is paid, Standard Roadside Insurance (one-time coverage up to $100), access to exclusive H.O.G.® events, five issues of HOG® magazine annually, the touring handbook and more.
- Associate membership (passenger or family member of full member) is $25 for 1 year; $45 for 2 years; $65 for 3 years. Associate benefits include: the H.O.G.® membership card, pin and patch, and access to events at local chapters
- Lifetime membership is available for both full and associate membership. Lifetime members receive a "Life Member" patch in addition to all full benefits. Prices for lifetime membership vary.
- A one-year full national membership is automatically issued by Harley-Davidson® to anyone who purchases a new, unregistered Harley-Davidson® motorcycle. High Country Local H.O.G.® Chapter membership is issued by High Country Harley-Davidson® to anyone who fills out a High Country H.O.G.® Chapter Membership Form/Release.
Our sponsoring dealership, High Country Harley-Davidson®, is committed to bringing the chapter into the 21st century. Our goal is to ride and have fun. In an effort to do this, High Country H.O.G.® #422 is structured differently from other chapters. There are :
- No meetings
- No dues
- No elected officers
Our chapter has a Chapter Coordinator, who is an employee of High Country Harley-Davidson®. The job of the Chapter Coordinator is to act as a liaison between the chapter and the sponsoring dealer, facilitate rides and chapter events and to promote the chapter.
In place of traditional meetings, High Country H.O.G.® #0422 has socials throughout the year. Socials are held for members to interact, talk about motorcycle, riding and to get to know each other.
Various rides and events are scheduled throughout the year. These include organized day rides, overnight rides, breakfast rides and other events. We also have pick-up rides that allow anyone interested to meet at the dealership on a set day and time. Riders decide on groups. There can be multiple groups and multiple destinations. Riders are free to join the group and destination that interests them.
Members can also suggest rides and events. Simply fill out this "Suggested Ride Form".
About the National Harley® Owners Group®
Harley® owners around the world, bound by the passion to ride.
National H.O.G.® members get several benefits including:
- HOG.® Pin & Patch
- Paid subscription to HOG® magazine
- Roadside assistance
- Invitations to H.O.G.® events
- Discounts to specific retail establishments such as AT&T wireless and best Western
- Touring handbook
- Access to specific dealership events and classes that are open to H.O.G.® members only
There are two levels of the club: National and Local Chapter (such as High Country's chapter). A National member is one who has paid for the National Membership and receives benefits that come with that level of membership, whereas a Local Chapter member is one step further, thus committing the member to a specific club and dealership.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE NATIONAL HARLEY OWNERS GROUP
Group Riding and Safety
The High Country H.O.G.® Chapter #0422 follows the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) Group Riding Guidelines. Safe riding is important to High Country Harley-Davidson® and High Country H.O.G.® Chapter #0422. The chapter employs the use of ride leaders and sweeps on all organized rides.
The goal is for everyone to be able to ride safely and have fun!
High Country Harley-Davidson® Dealerships Harley® Owners Group (H.O.G.®)